Tips to Restore and Maintain Your Gut Health
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
How do you restore and maintain good gut health? We’ve discussed what your gut health really is and some of the signs and symptoms of whether or not you may have a gut issue but how do you fix and restore it all and make sure things stay healthy in there?
We’ve discussed how it all starts in your gut. Proper digestion is essential to your health and probiotics are essential to your gut. When bacteria are out of balance, it can cause complications such as:
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Autoimmune diseases such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and diabetes
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Vitamin Deficiencies
So let’s work on restoring and maintaining it all
I’m going to give you a few tips on how to restore and maintain your gut health.
Take a Quality Probiotic:
- Always check the ingredients and be sure the “other” ingredients aren’t just useless fillers
- Encapsulated pills are better than liquids because they help the bacteria survive the acidic stomach environment.
- Multiple strains of bacteria (different strains offer different benefits — some help with digestion of fiber, some help with vitamin absorption, some help promote bowel regularity).
Avoid overuse of antibiotics:
Antibiotics kill bacteria. Although that includes the bad bacteria that can make you sick, it also includes the good bacteria your body needs.
Incorporate Fermented Foods into your diet:
Fermented foods can introduce good bacteria to your gut and can include things like sauerkraut, Kefir, Kimchi, Kombucha
Ditch the Toxins:
There are so many toxins out there but so many can come from the things we use daily like household cleaners down to the lotions and candles we use. Be sure to check the ingredients and start to eliminate the ones that are toxic.
Use Bone Broth:
Bone broth helps to restore the gut lining and fight food sensitivities and supports healthy digestion.
Do a Seasonal Detox or Cleanse:
This is a great way to get rid of all the “garbage” that may be taking up residence in your gut and causing health issues. I’m not talking about a liquid, no food, cabbage soup eating cleanse. I’m talking a full body cleanse, not your average detox. One that you can eat real food (ie no starvation or rabbit food) one that is gentle, natural, and herbal cleanse that cleans toxins and parasites and gut funk build up. A cleanse that will detoxify your liver and other systems and leave you with improved energy levels and better digestion.
Latest posts by Melanie Sobocinski (see all)
- Why Your Metabolism and Hormones May be a Little Slow - November 5, 2020
- My Before and After Story - September 11, 2020
- 7 Changes That Happen When You Don’t Eat Enough - July 16, 2020