Feel exhausted? Like you need a mom time out?
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Moms! Do you feel exhausted?
Do you need a mom time out? Feel like you’re running on coffee, chaos, and cusswords? No worries. YOU are NOT alone. I got you.
I see you over there trying to make it all fit into your day. Smiling on the outside but feel like you could lose it at any second. You’re running on the fumes of coffee, cuss words, and chaos. I see you momma. I feel you, I know you and I WAS you!!
We give our kids a time out when we see them getting overwhelmed with things. At least I know I did. Why then do we not take time outs as moms? This should come naturally as an adult. There needs to be time to decompress with all the chaos on the daily.
BUT my to-do list is a mile long
Yes, I know. Little Susie has dance at 5 and Little Billy has football at 6 and there’s homework and then we’ll eat dinner at either 4 or 9 this evening. Oh and then, there’s baths, laundry, lunches, and bedtime. I get it. Calm down and take a breath. You’re allowed.
You need a time out. It’s time to carve out a little time just for you. mom.
How do you balance it all and still have time?
You MAKE the time. You are just as important, if not more, than all of those tasks you think you NEED to get done in a day. Some of them can wait, it’ll be okay, I promise.
Setting aside some time to breaths and just BE is not selfish. Matter of fact, it’s 100% necessary for you to be the best version of you for those around you. They deserve that and so do you.
Here’s WHY you need a Mom time-out
- You owe you and those around you
- It gives your kids (and spouse) time to be self-sufficient ( they’ll survive, I promise)
- It strengthens your relationships with your kids and your spouse ( you won’t always be at everyone’s throat)
- It helps remind you of who you were before all his chaos came into the picture (we’re only as overwhelmed as we allow ourselves to be )
- Sometimes, you just have to TREAT YO-SELF!
Stop saying “ONE DAY”
One day I’ll take time for me…the more you say that the less likely it is to happen. Take time for yourself and start today, not one day! Trust me when I say that when you take your mom time outs, you’ll be a happier, more patient mom and spouse.
It’s not selfish to make yourself a priority so don’t you dare feel guilty. Self-care isn’t a luxury, it’s an essential part of being a good mom. It teaches your children that it is important for them to also take care of themselves.
I want you to start today, not someday. Start today and take just 5 minutes to yourself. Let go of what you cannot control and just breathe. YOU OWE YOU!
Latest posts by Melanie Sobocinski (see all)
- I’ll like the way I look when I finally lose the weight - May 21, 2020
- Sure, diets work..BUT, how long do the results last? - April 17, 2020
- 3 Things That Made the Most Impact on My Weight Loss - March 12, 2020