Do You Ever Feel Like You’re Losing Your Shit?
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Have you ever felt like you were about to lose your shit? Moms? I am talking to you.
We’ve all been there
Yep, we’ve all been there a time or two. You are not alone. It’s possible that it’s an essential (not much desired) part of being a mom. I get it, we can be overwhelmed as moms and at times things just get to us. You get to a point where you feel like you could explode and then…YOU LOSE IT!
Not to brag but, I kind of consider myself a bit of an expert when it comes to losing your shit. Let’s just say I’ve been there, done that and wrote the book. I explain it a bit more in the video below.
You’re not a bad mom
Chances are you’ve had a few moments where you have lost it thinking that you are the world’s worst mom. I’m here to tell you that you are not a bad mom for losing it. It happens and we do feel bad about it but it doesn’t make us a bad person.
Of course, if there are physical actions that take place then I’ll be asking you to stay in your lane and keep your hands to yourself. That’s where I’ll be drawing the line. It might be time for a mom time out if you’re feeling a bit edgy.
Keeping your cool
Can it really be done? Can we keep our cool when we feel like we are about to lose it?
Let me tell you, over the years of me losing my shit, I’ve found some helpful ways to keep it together and not lose it on my kids. So, without further adieu let’s dive right in.
- BREATHE…give yourself a minute or 2 to gather yourself and take a few deep breaths.
- Think Positive…I know that may sound easier said than done BUT you can do it. How can you turn it into a positive?
- Decompress with a workout…BECAUSE throat punching people is frowned upon. Seriously though, this has been a lifesaver for me.
- Vent to a Friend…what better way to get it out than to talk with a friend. knowing you are not alone is HUGE when it comes to the guilt you may have if you’ve lost it with your kids.
- Do Something Just for YOU!!! The kids will be okay, I promise. You need to take a minute or 60 just for yourself.
Practice Makes Perfect
Well, who really is perfect? Maybe that’s not what we’re looking for here…BUT, practice anyway. The more you can practice these steps above, the easier it will be to keep cool in a situation that may have otherwise had you losing your shit. With time, things are more tolerable as you take care of yourself. you may find that some of the things that had you going bat shit crazy are now quite laughable.
If I can give you a few words of advice
Being a mom can be difficult. Heck, there is no rule book on how to mom! If I can give you a few words of advice it’s that you are not failing as a mom. You are doing a good job, you kids know you love them and they love you too.
And always remember, you WILL survive and live to tell about it all…I just did.