How to Lose Weight with Hypothyroidism
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Losing weight with thyroid problems can be a difficult task but, it is possible.
It’s a huge topic and I get asked all the time and I’m going to fill you in on a few things. When it comes to hypothyroidism we’re not looking into they calories in versus calories out subject so much. Remember, we’re dealing with a hormonal issue. Now, I’m not saying to go out and eat a million calories or to go starve yourself. You thyroid isn’t doing what it’s supposed to do so we need to look more at the QUALITY versus QUANTITY when it comes to eating. What are you eating?
We all think that if we exercise like crazy, we can out workout this issue and lose weight and then we eat less. THIS is not the case here.
Here is what I suggest looking into:
- Are you nutrient deficient?
- Do you have funk in your intestines (leaky gut)
- Get rid of the junk and clean up your diet ( quality -vs- quantity)
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep
I do go over more details in the video posted below about these suggestions.
Here is what I suggest for your daily diet:
- Try going gluten free
- Cut out carbs and sugar ( SAAAAY WHAT??)
- Eat more anti-inflammatory foods
- Take your meds as directed by your ENDOCRINOLOGIST
- Keep yourself active and eat healthy
Again, these are just suggestions and pretty much how I do things which is what I am recommending them to you. I am by no means trying to convince you or diagnose you of anything. I speak from experience and what works for me.
For my full explanation on things sated above, be sure to watch the video below.
Latest posts by Melanie Sobocinski (see all)
- Why Your Metabolism and Hormones May be a Little Slow - November 5, 2020
- My Before and After Story - September 11, 2020
- 7 Changes That Happen When You Don’t Eat Enough - July 16, 2020