Episode #96: What Is Disordered Eating?
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
In this episode, I’ll be diving into what disordered eating is and a little bit of my story.
Do any of these sound familiar???
- Frequent dieting, anxiety associated with specific foods or meal skipping
- Chronic weight fluctuations
- Rigid rituals and routines surrounding food and exercise
- Feelings of guilt and shame associated with eating
- Preoccupation with food, weight, and body image that negatively impacts the quality of life
- A feeling of loss of control around food, including compulsive eating habits
- Using exercise, food restriction, fasting, or purging to “make up for bad foods” consumed
I’ve probably felt them all at one time or another.
Believe it or not… these are signs of disordered eating habits which could eventually lead to an eating disorder.
Way back when I would never have thought anything about any of these habits… Most, including myself, are unaware that these eating patterns are problematic or harmful.
This is something another diet WILL NOT FIX!!!
I can recall learning about this in my nutrition school and was just shaking my head and realizing THAT WAS ME!!
What people don’t realize is the damage this causes not only to our metabolism and hormones BUT to our emotional and mental health.
It’s a healing process for sure but it’s probably the best thing I’ve ever done for my health and I’ve seen so much GOOD come out of it with myself and my clients.
How many of these sounded familiar to you?
Let’s talk more about this…
Maybe you’re struggling with the control of food in your life and the one and off again diet cycles. Maybe you want to love what you see in the mirror, to stop counting, planning, and controlling food, to stop saying “tomorrow will be better” and “why can’t I get it together?”
Maybe it’s time. Time for you to stop trying to lose weight with a traditional diet and work on a REAL transformation.
Step one is to book a “breakthrough” session with me to uncover why you’re stuck in this struggle, how to end them for good.
Click HERE to set up a FREE session
Latest posts by Melanie Sobocinski (see all)
- Why Your Metabolism and Hormones May be a Little Slow - November 5, 2020
- My Before and After Story - September 11, 2020
- 7 Changes That Happen When You Don’t Eat Enough - July 16, 2020