Episode #79: Top 3 Reasons Why Calorie Counting is Harming You
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
In this episode, I’m going to dive right into how and why calorie counting can be harming you and your weight loss efforts. Let’s just say it became a very unhealthy obsession for me and I’ll go into that a bit more as I discuss these top 3 reasons.
Let’s keep in mind that “diets” and calorie counting are NOT a one size fits all. If you are doing what everyone else is doing, you may want to take a few minutes and listen up. I had to learn the hard way but I want to inform you of the how and why so you can make the right decision for YOU when it comes down to it all.
So what are the 3 reasons? I’ll just go briefly into them here real quick:
- It’s not a one size fits all…somehow this calorie counting “Thing” falls under the “diet umbrella” so we think it’s the ONLY way ( P.S…It’s NOT!)
- Calorie counting can lead you down the path of becoming obsessed with being perfect with all the numbers and if you should happen to “go over” on anything…you think you’ve failed ( It’s not you, it’s the DIET)
- This “way of life” has also somehow become the “norm” and had us tying it to our self-worth ( I stayed within my numbers!! HECK YEAH) ok, what happens if you don’t hit the numbers or go over?
Be sure you listen to this full episode as I go further into detail on these 3 reasons along with the HOW on getting past the struggle.
If you are stuck, frustrated, sick of yo-yo dieting and want to reclaim your health and would like a little group support and some awesome tips on nutrition and exercise for lasting weight loss and lifestyle balance…
Come join us in our FREE FACEBOOK GROUP
This group is specifically for women who want and need a different approach to weight loss and health…an approach from the inside, out!
Latest posts by Melanie Sobocinski (see all)
- Why Your Metabolism and Hormones May be a Little Slow - November 5, 2020
- My Before and After Story - September 11, 2020
- 7 Changes That Happen When You Don’t Eat Enough - July 16, 2020