Episode #131: Why I’m an ANTI-DIET Nutrition Coach
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
In this episode, I’m about to get VOCAL (in case you haven’t heard me in the past).
I’m dropping truth bombs and a few F-Bombs so look out! You’ve been warned!
See I have people attack me ALL THE TIME telling me I promote obesity because I am so against DIETS! YES, I’m against the BULLSHIT behind the diets and the UNHEALTHY shit they promote and I will not sit down about that. With that being said…I am NOT against weight loss.
So I’ll be filling you in on what the heck that means because they can CO-EXIST!!
Diet culture sucks and it had my life turned upside down as it has for many of my clients.
The quick fix diets, the ones promoted by “health coaches”, the fat burners, the magic meal replacement shakes…that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Let’s face it, the diet industry is a flawed system ( because IF they did work, we wouldn’t always be looking for the next diet) of toxic beliefs
THIS, THIS RIGHT HERE is what I’m against!
The diet industry does the following and it makes me want to puke…BUT instead, I’ll take a stand and expose the truth behind what they are brainwashing us to believe and ACCEPT!!
The diet industry does the following and it’s time you know:
- Worships thinness and equates it to health and moral virtue, which means you can spend your whole life thinking you’re flawed or broken just because you don’t look like the impossibly thin “ideal”
- Promotes weight loss as a means of attaining higher status, which means you feel compelled to spend a massive amount of time, energy, and money trying to shrink your body, even though the research is very clear that almost no one can sustain intentional weight loss for more than a few years.
- Turns food into “GOOD and “BAD” categories, which means you’re forced to be hyper-obsessed about your eating, ashamed of your food choices, and distracted from your pleasure, your purpose, and your power;
So, YES, I am against the diet culture but that doesn’t mean I am against weight loss or that I am anti-health. Health comes in many different sizes and shapes!!
It’s important to remember that we all have different needs. There is no ONE way to be healthy and the path to health will look different for each of us.
My question for you would be: do you know what healthy looks like for YOU? Or do you feel overwhelmed and confused by all of the conflicting information out there?
Let me know in the comments – I’d love to help!
Book a FREE Weight Loss Breakthrough call @http://bit.ly/2E48dOh
Join Our FREE FB Support Group @https://www.facebook.com/groups/574339769435340
Be sure to subscribe to my Podcast on iTunes @ Create Your Balance
Follow Me on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/melanie.sobocinski
Check out my website @ https://www.melaniesobo.com/
See behind the scenes on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/melanie2875/?hl=en
Check out my Pins @ https://www.pinterest.com/MSobocinskiFit/pins/
Latest posts by Melanie Sobocinski (see all)
- Why Your Metabolism and Hormones May be a Little Slow - November 5, 2020
- My Before and After Story - September 11, 2020
- 7 Changes That Happen When You Don’t Eat Enough - July 16, 2020