Episode #124: How to protect your children from Food and Body Shame…Stopping the cycle
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
In this episode, I’ll be talking about how to promote a healthy relationship with food a body with your children. I know with all the info out there on social media and TV our children are exposed to so many different avenues of body image and weight that it can be difficult to know what to do.
I feel the most important thing is to start with ourselves and the example we are setting. So…what kind of example are you setting for your children?
Many of my clients reach out to me because they have struggled, often since childhood, with disordered eating, chronic dieting, and body hatred and desperately do not want to pass that on to their children.
In this podcast, I reveal a few ideas to protect your children from food and body shame…
- Enjoying meals as a family
- Not having any off-limit foods ( listen with an open mind and you’ll understand where I’m coming from)
- Not categorizing food as good or bad
- Modeling balanced eating
- Refraining from associating food choices with body size
- Keeping exercise fun and not a punishment ( it’s called HEALTHY movement for a reason)
- Not speaking about your appearance or size in a negative way.
These are just a few of the tips I discuss in this episode…keep in mind that we as parents are setting the example and we want it to be a good one so we can break this cycle once and for all.
DID YOU KNOW THE DIET INDUSTRY IS KEEPING SECRETS FROM YOU??
Click HERE to get your FREE copy of the 7 Secrets the Diet Industry is keeping from you…
Latest posts by Melanie Sobocinski (see all)
- Why Your Metabolism and Hormones May be a Little Slow - November 5, 2020
- My Before and After Story - September 11, 2020
- 7 Changes That Happen When You Don’t Eat Enough - July 16, 2020