Episode #117: Is It a Lifestyle Change OR Just Another DIET??
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
In this episode, once again, I am exposing the BS behind the diets..even the ones that say they aren’t a diet.
How can you REALLY tell if what you are doing IS indeed a diet?
Remember, they suck and they don’t work but this one is claiming NOT to be a diet…so how are sure?
Well, I’m going to dive into how you can tell and the top things to look for before you “go on” another diet. I’m giving the TOP 4 things to expose whether a certain program IS a diet or not!! I’m also going to reveal some of the HEALTH RISKS that can be associated with these “not a diet’ programs along with an actual SOLUTION!!
MANY of these companies and or quick fixes out there tell you their product or way is NOT a diet…it’s a “lifestyle change”
I ALWAYS say be VERY careful when they use the wording “lifestyle change”. It can be VERY loosely defined and sometimes IT IS a complete, UNSUSTAINABLE way of a “lifestyle change”
SO, how do you know if it really IS a diet??
Well, let’s dive into the actual definition of what a diet is…
- a special course of food to which one restricts oneself, either to lose weight or for medical reasons.
- restrict oneself to small amounts or special kinds of food in order to lose weight.
- The end result is a promise of WEIGHT LOSS!
- It has you weigh yourself daily!
- It categorizes foods as either good/bad, permitted/ forbidden!
- It has you RESTRICTING or eating “less of” something!!
YEP!! That IS a diet. Don’t be fooled by these companies and their fancy “it’s not a diet” wording!!
We need to start UNDERSTANDING our body’s signals and GIVING IT WHAT IT NEEDS instead of taking things away!
For years we’ve been doing this to ourselves…when does it end?
Ask yourself HOW HAS IT WORKED IN THE PAST??
Did you lose the weight and KEEP IT OFF??
DIETS DO NOT WORK!!!
Latest posts by Melanie Sobocinski (see all)
- Why Your Metabolism and Hormones May be a Little Slow - November 5, 2020
- My Before and After Story - September 11, 2020
- 7 Changes That Happen When You Don’t Eat Enough - July 16, 2020