Helpful Tips When You Feel Like Quitting
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
We all have days where we don’t want to get out of bed and feel like quitting. Maybe we feel like we’ve lost purpose and we just want to give up, whether on a career or relationship?
Life is not easy nor is it meant to be
We are always facing hurdles and obstacles that we must overcome, crap happens, it’s all part of the journey. If you can accept that things will get tough and it won’t always be rainbows and unicorns, you’ll get yourself better prepared for what’s to come. When you feel stuck in a rut you must learn to breathe, reset and revisit your goals.
Here are a few tips on what do if you feel like quitting.
1) Do not accept your helplessness. You must attempt to climb out of the pit of despair even when you feel as though you can’t go forward. The only way out is to try. If you simply accept what you believe is your fate, you won’t go anywhere.
2) Change your thoughts. If you think you can, you will. If you think you can’t then you won’t. Change your thoughts and you can change direction on anything and do whatever it is you put your mind to.
3) Try and try again. Keep trying. Try something else and if that doesn’t work, try again. Perseverance may be the key to you unlearning your learned helplessness because if you only try once and it doesn’t work, you may have only strengthened your learned helplessness. Any attempt, even if it fails, is better than no attempt.
The next time you feel like giving up, ask yourself if you’ve done everything possible in your current situation to maximize the opportunity. Have you experienced all the leanings, happiness and pain associated with what you want to achieve? If the answer is no, then keep going until you have! Quitting is NOT an option!!
Latest posts by Melanie Sobocinski (see all)
- Why Your Metabolism and Hormones May be a Little Slow - November 5, 2020
- My Before and After Story - September 11, 2020
- 7 Changes That Happen When You Don’t Eat Enough - July 16, 2020